The NAEYC Governing Board priorities include a Vision for 2015 encompassing the following goals:
- NAEYC’s influence is evident in local, state, and national early childhood public policy and early childhood professional practice.
- NAEYC has aligned its standards for early childhood programs, practices, and professional preparation with its policy stances. NAEYC has made significant progress toward evaluating the extent to which its aligned standards lead to improvements in children’s development and learning.
- NAEYC demonstrates a strong commitment to continuous improvement with respect to organizational wellness and organizational excellence. NAEYC’s commitment to purpose, action, and analysis and feedback is evident in the domains of Diversity and Inclusivity, Governance, Management and Staff Leadership, Facilities, Finance, Human Resources, Programs, and Critical Relationships and Strategic Alliances.
- NAEYC is a model of diverse leadership and leadership development.
- NAEYC has a “connected network” of 250,000 people; alliances with allied organizations enhance this network.
- NAEYC promotes the expanded development of the professional status of individuals in the various roles represented in the early childhood field including ongoing professional development, professional certification/licensure systems, and equitable compensation.
See related benchmarks and indicators