|Verification Visit Protocol|
|Infant Sleep Equipment Protocol|
|Verification Visit Administrator Information Packet|
|Additional Verification FAQs|
The NAEYC Academy follows established policy to ensure that its accredited programs maintain compliance with the NAEYC Accreditation Standards and Criteria. In order to fulfill this obligation, all NAEYC-Accredited programs may be subject to Additional Verification at any time during their 5-year accreditation term.
- Annual Report
- Self Report
- Site Visit
- Candidacy Materials
Additional Verification may be obtained through any of the following:
Additional Documentation submitted by the program
- Additional written documentation may include copies of license and/or recent reports, information about experience in other accredited programs, content of training units, teaching staff or family surveys, and responding to additional criteria as applicable.
Verification Interview conducted by NAEYC staff members
- If additional questions arise, the NAEYC Academy may require verbal interviews as supplemental evidence to additional written documentation.
Verification Visit conducted by NAEYC Assessor
- Verification visits may be triggered when the program’s compliance with the 10 NAEYC Early Childhood Program Standards and Accreditation Criteria cannot be fully and satisfactorily explained through written documentation or verbal interviews.
- During a verification visit, the NAEYC Assessor(s) will evaluate your program through observation and a review of documentation related to required criteria, which are fundamental to program quality. Portfolio and Survey evidence will not be reviewed during a verification visit.
- Following a verification visit, a program will maintain its NAEYC Accreditation if it demonstrates that all observed groups are meeting at least 70% of assessed criteria and all Required Criteria are met.
- Specific circumstances determine if a verification visit is needed, if the program will incur the cost of a verification visit, and if the program will receive any notification prior to the verification visit. For more information please visit http://www.naeyc.org/academy/content/accreditation-fees.
The results of Additional Verification will determine the program's next steps in the accreditation process.