Your program has worked hard to achieve NAEYC Accreditation and we applaud you. An NAEYC-Accredited program is the mark of quality in early childhood education - display your NAEYC accreditation certificate with pride!
The second phase of Step 4 in the four-step accreditation process is entitled "Maintaining the Standards" and extends throughout the five-year term of accreditation. In order to maintain accreditation, all currently accredited programs must:
- Demonstrate continued compliance with the 10 NAEYC Early Childhood Program Standards.
- Submit an Annual Report on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th accreditation anniversaries.
- Update NAEYC - Programs that are currently NAEYC Accredited are required to Self Report major programmatic changes within 30 days and notify NAEYC of licensing status changes and critical incidents within 72 hours. Learn how to provide NAEYC with the most up-to-date information.
- Submit to Random Unannounced Visits and/or Additional Verification.
- Complete the Renewal process according to the timeline for currently accredited programs.
Programs accredited after September 2006 must maintain Candidacy requirements throughout their term of accreditation. Read more about maintaining Candidacy requirements.