|Random Visit Protocol|
|Infant Sleep Equipment Protocol|
|Random Visit Administrator Information Packet|
|Random Visit FAQs|
All NAEYC-Accredited programs are eligible to receive random visits throughout their 5-year accreditation term. Random visits reassure families, employers, and others that they can rely on NAEYC’s Accreditation system. These visits help to ensure that all programs are continuing to meet the 10 NAEYC Early Childhood Program Standards and Accreditation Criteria, so that children benefit from high-quality early learning experiences.
- NAEYC utilizes a system-generated tool to randomly select programs proportionally from each state and region to receive random visits.
- There is no fee associated with random visits.
- Programs will not receive any prior notification of a random visit.
- During a random visit, the NAEYC Assessor(s) will evaluate your program through observation and a review of documentation related to Required Criteria, which are fundamental to program quality. Portfolio and Survey evidence will not be reviewed during a verification visit.
- Following a random visit, a program will maintain its NAEYC Accreditation if it demonstrates that all observed classes are meeting at least 70% of assessed criteria and all Required Criteria are met.
Speak directly with NAEYC Early Learning Program staff about the NAEYC Accreditation process, educational qualifications, groups, and much more by submitting a Consultation Request.