Step 1: Enrollment/Self-Study
Align your program with the 10 NAEYC Early Childhood Program Standards
This essential step toward achieving NAEYC Accreditation was developed to encourage programs to engage in a structured approach to program improvement that considers all of the necessary components of a high-quality program. Programs may enroll even if they do not expect to proceed with the other steps toward NAEYC Accreditation in the near future. Although NAEYC provides suggestions to help programs to conduct a thorough and meaningful Self-Study, programs are not required to report their Self-Study findings to NAEYC.
Programs that enroll will receive a PDF version of the Self-Study Kit once the Enrollment form has been processed. These programs will then receive an enhanced digital Self-Study Kit in the near future.
- No requirements
- Open to any program interested in pursuing Self-Study for program improvement
Tasks for Programs:
Complete Enrollment form and submit Enrollment fee
Register for TORCH, The Online Resource Community Headquarters, to access tools for Self-Study
- Plan your program’s accreditation timeline, considering the timeline for currently accredited programs if applicable
- Prepare to meet eligibility requirements
Engage in Self-Study, considering these suggestions:
- Create a shared understanding of key concepts about accreditation, the standards, the criteria, and implications for the program
- Gather information using the self-study tools
- Determine strengths and weaknesses
- Develop improvement plans as needed
- Make improvements and document progress
- Evaluate results and determine next steps
- Maintain your program's enrolled status - Read more
- Enrollment Complete: An email indicating that enrollment is complete will be sent to the email address provided for the program’s primary and secondary contacts, including a PDF version of the Self-Study Kit (an enhanced digital version of the kit will follow).
- Enrollment Incomplete / Enrollment Cancelled: An 'Enrollment Incomplete' email requesting additional information and/or payment will be sent to the email address provided for the program’s primary contact. The program will have 30 days to respond with necessary information and/or 90 days to remit payment. If action is not taken within the established window, the status will be changed to 'Enrollment Cancelled.'