NAEYC’s accreditation system strives to be a standard bearer for high quality early care and education programs. Towards this end, the NAEYC works to (1) recognize early childhood programs that perform in compliance with the NAEYC Early Childhood Program Standards as demonstrated through satisfactory performance of the Accreditation Criteria and (2) be responsive to its multiple customers.
NAEYC establishes and maintains a clearly defined process for pursuing, achieving, and maintaining NAEYC Accreditation. The intent of the process will be to ensure that programs meet NAEYC’s definition of excellence for an early childhood program and increase the accountability of the system for children, families, and all customers of NAEYC Accreditation.
The term of accreditation shall be 5 years.
New Policies - Effective September 1, 2016
- 72 Hour Notification Policy
- Accreditation Decision Policy
- Assessor System Policy
- Candidacy Policy
- Compliance with Required Criteria Policy
- Complaint Policy
- Decision Appeals Policy
- Eligibility Requirements
- Extenuating Circumstances Policy
- Program Review Policy
- Scope and Severity Committee Policy
- Scope and Severity Decisions
- Verification of Continued Program Compliance Policy