Additional Copies of Class Information
|Guide to Self-Assessment|
Step 2: Application/Self-Assessment
Tasks for Programs:
- Complete the Application, selecting a due date for submission of Candidacy Materials, and pay application fee
Document evidence that all standards are met by completing a formal Self-Assessment using the Tools for Self-Assessment within TORCH.
- You may learn about electronic portfolio options licensed by NAEYC here.
- Prepare to meet all Candidacy Requirements and site visit requirements
- Complete Candidacy Materials, attaching documentation of staff qualifications and reporting on evidence compiled during Self-Assessment
- Application Complete: An email indicating that application is complete and confirming the Candidacy due date selected by the program will be sent to the email address provided for the program’s primary contact.
- Application Incomplete / Application Cancelled: An 'Application Incomplete' email requesting additional information or payment will be sent to the email address provided for the program’s primary contact. The program will have 30 days to respond with necessary information and/or 90 days to remit payment. If action is not taken within the established window, the status will be changed to 'Application Cancelled.'
- Application Not Accepted: Applications will not be accepted if the program fails to meet eligibility requirements. If the NAEYC Academy needs additional information to determine whether or not your program is meeting eligibility requirements, the program’s primary contact will be notified.
Speak directly with NAEYC Early Learning Program staff about the NAEYC Accreditation process, educational qualifications, groups, and much more by submitting a Consultation Request.