|Sample Candidacy Materials|
|Additional Copies of Group Information|
Step 3: Candidacy
- Meet all Candidacy Requirements
Tasks for Programs:
Submit program-specific Candidacy Materials and Candidacy fee by Candidacy due date selected in Step 2: Application
- Candidacy Materials are made available to programs through the Program Record eight weeks prior to the Candidacy due date selected in the Application
- Review a sample of the Candidacy Materials.
- Prepare for site visit by NAEYC Assessors by fine tuning program improvement efforts
- Continue to gather evidence of performance and make improvements
Programs receive a Candidacy decision from the NAEYC Academy within six months of the Candidacy due date.
- Candidacy Accepted: The program is eligible for a site visit and will be hearing from an NAEYC Assessor in the near future.
Candidacy Denied: The program must submit an option form to its Accreditation Coordinator by an established due date. The program will be offered the following options:
- Continue towards NAEYC Accreditation by resubmitting Candidacy Materials on the next available Candidacy due date.
- Withdraw from the NAEYC Accreditation process at this time and resubmit an Application (Step 2) when the program is ready to continue toward NAEYC Accreditation
- Appeal the Candidacy decision by moving forward with the formal appeal process.