The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) is proud to announce Grandes Comienzos, Futuros Brillantes, a new initiative in the 2014 Annual Conference and Expo.
Great Beginnings—Bright Futures! This is NAEYC’s wish for all young children, in the United States and around the world. The Grandes Comienzos, Futuros Brillantes initiative will focus on ensuring that children and families whose home language is Spanish have opportunities to participate in high-quality programs—across the Americas.
- Sessions conducted in Spanish on topics of interest across the field
- Sessions on dual-language learning and other relevant topics including advocacy, family engagement, language literacy, and professional development
- Sessions that focus on best practices in early childhood education in Latin America (conducted in Spanish)
Grandes Comienzos, Futuros Brillantes will begin with two panel presentations on Wednesday, November 5. These sessions will be moderated by Miriam Calderon, former Senior Advisor, Early Learning Policy, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and the Domestic Policy Council, White House. The presentations will be simultaneously translated in Spanish and English.
- Early Childhood Education Across the Americas. Panel members will include Sandra Gutierrez, National Director, Abriendo Puertas; Florencia López Boo, Senior Social Protection Economist, Inter-American Development Bank; and Maria Adelaida Lopez, Pedagogical Director of aeioTU, Colombia
- Best Practices in Dual Language Learning. Panel members will include Linda Espinosa, Professor Emeritus of Early Childhood Education at the University of Missouri, Columbia; and Karen Nemeth, author, consultant, and presenter focusing on effective early education for dual language learners
Grandes Comienzos, Futuros Brillantes will include more than 40 sessions throughout the conference.
Grandes Comienzos, Futuros Brillantes will conclude with a Fiesta de Música featuring well-known Latin artists!
Keep checking the NAEYC Annual Conference and Expo page for further information about the conference and the Grandes Comienzos, Futuros Brillantes initiative.