Take your thinking to a higher level...share your research and wealth of knowledge and experience at the 2016 NAEYC Annual Conference & Expo in Los Angeles! Your work in the vast field of early childhood education and child development is critical. This is your opportunity to inform and inspire your community! NAEYC is continuously seeking to attract the next generation of leaders within the early childhood field along with seasoned professionals, to create an enriching conference experience which pushes the field forward.
Submit your proposal for the 2016 Annual Conference by December 21, 2015. All proposals should reflect research and/or practical experience that is innovative, well-grounded, and consistent with the principles of effective adult learning in a conference setting. Proposals must be submitted online. NAEYC will inform you of your status regardless if the proposal is accepted or not via email in July.
Special Language Tracks
NAEYC is excited to continue the Grandes Comienzos track at NAEYC’s 2016 Conference and Expo in Los Angeles. Grandes Comienzos presentations provide the early childhood community with access to sessions in Spanish and English on topics concerning young children, their families, and early childhood education throughout the Americas.
The Grandes Comienzos track features the following types of sessions:
- Sessions on best practices in early childhood education in Latin America and the United States (conducted in Spanish)
- Early childhood education related to Latin American communities in the United States and to Latin American countries (conducted in English)
If you plan to submit a proposal for a session delivered in English, please select the Grandes Comienzos--English track. If you plan to sumbit a proposal for a session delivered in Spanish, please select the Grandes Comienzos--Spanish track in Precis. If you need a proposal form entirely in Spanish, an update will be available soon. Please direct any questions regarding this track to email@example.com . Proposals written in English will be accepted at this time.
Note: Dual-language learning sessions focusing on languages other than Spanish should be submitted to the Language and Literacy track.
NAEYC will again offer the Great Start--Chinese Language track, which includes sessions conducted in Mandarin on early childhood development in China. Proposals written in English will be accepted at this time. If you have any questions related to this track, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitting a proposal
The online proposal form provides detailed instructions on how to complete a submission. Please note: An individual's name should appear on only one proposal. NAEYC is not responsible for scheduling conflicts that might arise if an individual's name appears on more than one accepted proposal.
Most sessions are 1.5 hours in duration. Please consider the session length when submitting your proposal. Some of the information required for every proposal is as follows:
- Session track (Click on "Session track" for complete list)
- Session length- 1.5 hours, 3 hours (Wednesday only), History seminar, Research poster session, Poster session
- Presenter contact information
- Session purpose
- Session title
- Summary of the proposal
- For research submissions only: Instead of the summary, these submissions require the stated purpose, methods, results, and implications of the research. These proposals may be accepted as regular sessions or as poster sessions.
- Presenter qualifications
- Room setup
- Audiovisual equipment: NAEYC will provide a standard audiovisual equipment setup which includes a screen, an LCD projector, and stand. One table microphone or one podium mic will also be provided per session. For sessions with four or more presenters, an additional table mic will be provided.
- Any additional AV equipment is at the presenter's expense. Laptops will not be provided-you will need to bring your own. Laptops and other equipment can be rented through our AV vendor.
If your proposal is selected, you can register for the conference at the reduced presenter rate. Details about the discounted presenter fee will be e-mailed with acceptance letters.
No Sales policy: NAEYC’s stated policy is that presenters may not sell products in session rooms. Presenters are not permitted to sell products before, during or after their session at the Annual Conference. If you would like to purchase a booth in NAEYC's Exhibit Hall, please visit the Exhibitors & Advertisers page. More information will be posted in the coming months.
Please e-mail NAEYC's Conference Department at email@example.com or call 800-424-2460.