Take your thinking to a higher level...share your research and wealth of knowledge and experience at the 2016 NAEYC Annual Conference & Expo in Los Angeles! Your work in the vast field of early childhood education and child development is critical. This is your opportunity to inform and inspire your community! NAEYC is continuously seeking to attract the next generation of leaders within the early childhood field along with seasoned professionals, to create an enriching conference experience which pushes the field forward.
Submit your proposal for the 2016 Annual Conference by January 21, 2016. All proposals should reflect research and/or practical experience that is innovative, well-grounded, and consistent with the principles of effective adult learning in a conference setting. Proposals must be submitted online. NAEYC will inform you of your status regardless if the proposal is accepted or not via email in July.
If you plan to submit a proposal for a session delivered partially or entirely in Spanish, you will be included in the Grandes Comienzos track and should select the Grandes Comienzos--Spanish track in Precis. If you plan to submit a proposal for a session delivered partially or entirely in Mandarin, you will be included in the Good Start track and should select the Good Start track in Precis.
Special Language Tracks
NAEYC is excited to continue the Grandes Comienzos track at NAEYC’s 2016 Conference and Expo in Los Angeles. Grandes Comienzos presentations provide the early childhood community with access to sessions in Spanish and English on topics concerning young children, their families, and early childhood education throughout the Americas.
- If you plan to submit a proposal for a Grandes Comienzos session delivered in English, please select the Grandes Comienzos--English track. Proposals written in English must be submitted using the link above.
- If you plan to submit a proposal for a session delivered partially or entirely in Spanish, please select the Grandes Comienzos--Spanish track in Precis. Proposals written in Spanish must be submitted through the link above. If you need instructions in Spanish, please open the following link in a separate tab or window: Spanish Instructions
- Si te vas a presentar una propuesta para una sesión entregada parcial o totalmente en Español, por favor seleccione las Grandes Comienzos - pista Española en Precis. Propuestas escritas en Español deben ser presentadas a través del foro. Si necesita instrucciones en español, por favor abra el siguiente enlace en una pestaña o ventana separada: Instrucciones Español
NAEYC is excited to bring back the 良好開端 Good Start track for it’s second year. This track provides the early childhood community with access to sessions in Mandarin and English on topics concerning young children, their families, and early childhood education in China and international Mandarin-speaking communities. If you plan to submit a proposal for a session delivered as part of the Good Start track, please select the Good Start track in Precis.
Proposals written in English must be submitted using the link above.
文华建议应通过此链接提交 (Proposals written in Mandarin should be submitted using the following link): 2016 Mandarin Proposal
Note: Dual-language learning sessions focusing on languages other than Spanish should be submitted in the Language and Literacy track.
Submitting a proposal
The online proposal form provides detailed instructions on how to complete a submission. Please note: An individual's name should appear on only one proposal. NAEYC is not responsible for scheduling conflicts that might arise if an individual's name appears on more than one accepted proposal.
Most sessions are 1.5 hours in duration. Please consider the session length when submitting your proposal. Some of the information required for every proposal is as follows:
- Session track (Click on "Session track" for complete list)
Session length- 1.5 hours (scheduled on Thursday-Saturday), 3 hours (scheduled on Wednesday), History seminar, Research poster session
- Note: Each year we receive more 1.5 hour and 3 hour proposals than we can accept. If you are able to adapt to a poster format, please respond to this question asked in the proposal form.
- Presenter contact information
- Session purpose
- Session title
- Summary of the proposal
- For research submissions only: Instead of the summary, these submissions require the stated purpose, methods, results, and implications of the research. These proposals may be accepted as regular sessions or as poster sessions.
- Presenter qualifications
- Room setup
- Audiovisual equipment: NAEYC will provide a standard audiovisual equipment setup which includes a screen, an LCD projector, and stand. One table microphone or one podium mic will also be provided per session. For sessions with four or more presenters, an additional table mic will be provided.
- Any additional AV equipment is at the presenter's expense. Laptops will not be provided-you will need to bring your own. Laptops and other equipment can be rented through our AV vendor.
If your proposal is selected, you can register for the conference at the reduced presenter rate. Details about the discounted presenter fee will be e-mailed with acceptance letters.
No Sales policy: NAEYC’s stated policy is that presenters may not sell products in session rooms. Presenters are not permitted to sell products before, during or after their session at the Annual Conference. If you would like to purchase a booth in NAEYC's Exhibit Hall, please visit the Exhibitors & Advertisers page. More information will be posted in the coming months.
Please e-mail NAEYC's Conference Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-424-2460.