Take your thinking to a higher level...share your research and wealth of knowledge and experience at this year's NAEYC Annual Conference & Expo in Dallas! Your work in the vast field of early childhood education and child development is critical. This is your opportunity to inform and inspire your community!
Submit your proposal for the 2014 Annual Conference by January 10, 2014. All proposals should reflect research and/or practical experience that is innovative, well-grounded, and consistent with the principles of effective adult learning in a conference setting. Proposals must be submitted online. NAEYC will inform you of your status regardless if the proposal is accepted or not.
Submitting a proposal
The online proposal form provides detailed instructions on how to complete a submission. Please note: An individual's name should appear on only one proposal. NAEYC is not responsible for scheduling conflicts that might arise if an individual's name appears on more than one accepted proposal.
Most sessions are 1.5 hours in duration. Please consider the session length when submitting your proposal. Some of the information required for every proposal is as follows:
- Session track (Click on "Session track" for complete list)
- Session length- 1.5 hours, 3 hours (Wednesday only), History seminar, Research poster session
- Presenter contact information
- Session purpose
- Session title
- Summary of the proposal
- For research submissions only: Instead of the summary, these submissions require the stated purpose, methods, results, and implications of the research. These proposals may be accepted as regular sessions or as poster sessions.
- Presenter qualifications
- Room setup
- Audiovisual equipment: NAEYC will provide a standard audiovisual equipment setup which includes a screen, an LCD projector, and stand. One table microphone or one podium mic will also be provided per session. For sessions with four or more presenters, an additional table mic will be provided.
- Any additional AV equipment is at the presenter's expense. Laptops will not be provided-you will need to bring your own. Laptops and other equipment can be rented through our AV vendor.
If your proposal is selected, you can register for the conference at the reduced presenter rate. Details about the discounted presenter fee will be e-mailed with acceptance letters.
No Sales policy: NAEYC’s stated policy is that presenters may not sell products in session rooms. Presenters are not permitted to sell products before, during or after their session at the Annual Conference. If you would like to purchase a booth in NAEYC's Exhibit Hall, please visit the Exhibitors & Advertisers page. More information will be posted in the coming months.
Please e-mail NAEYC's Conference Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-424-2460.
Know Your Audience
Based on our Annual Conference survey results here is a snapshot of our attendees.
Over 70% of attendees are experienced early childhood professionals with 11+ years in the field. A breakdown reveals that:
- 45% of these attendees have more than 20 years experience
- 27% of these attendees have 11-20 years experience
- 12% of attendees have 1-5 years experience in the field
- Most attendees hold a position as a teacher, program director, school administrator, college faculty, consultant or trainer
- 87% hold a bachelor's, master's doctoral or other professional degree
- 13% of attendees hold an associate degree or other credential