An NAEYC Online Event
William Strader responded to a selection of questions and comments during an online event from May 23–26, 2011. Read the questions and his answers below!
Today’s emerging early childhood education professionals are tomorrow’s leaders in the field. In this online Q&A I hope to encourage and support educators who are beginning their careers, and engage professionals who can share their mentorship experiences.
I encourage emerging leaders to ask me about these topics and more:
- Getting started or becoming more involved in the early care and education field.
- Starting or becoming involved in an early childhood club at a college/university.
- Building a professional portfolio.
Essential to emerging leaders’ success is the support and encouragement they receive from college faculty, coaches, and more experienced professionals. These relationships benefit those new to the field and enrich the lives of mentors, both professionally and personally. Please share your positive mentorship experiences—we will all benefit!
- Tell us how your work engages and supports emerging leaders in your community.
- Explain how you have benefitted from a coach, college faculty member, or helpful colleague over the years.
- Tell us how you have helped foster someone else’s career and how your work as a mentor has helped you grow.