NAEYC Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
NAEYC awards CEUs for the Association's professional development programs--including the Institute--as an Authorized Provider of the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). IACET Authorized Providers are the only organizations approved to offer IACET CEUs. One CEU is the equivalent of 10 contact hours of participation in a learning program.
Target Audience: NAEYC's National Institute for Early Childhood Professional Development ("the Institute") is designed for teacher educators, program administrators, and others who provide professional preparation and ongoing professional development experiences for the early childhood workforce: center- and school-based teaching staff, family child care providers, and other direct service specialists.
Learning Outcomes: Through participation in the Institute, participants will meet the following learning outcomes:
- Describe current topics and issues in research on child development and early childhood education
- Identify skills that improve professional preparation and practice
- Prepare a plan for enhancing your use of effective, active learning approaches for adults
Number of CEUs: Institute attendees can choose between 1 or 2 CEUs. To earn 1 CEU you must complete a minimum of 10 hours of sessions. To earn 2 CEUs you must complete a minimum of 20 hours of sessions.
Cost: The CEU fee (nonrefundable) is $25.00 for 1 or 2 CEUs.
Earning NAEYC CEUs for the Institute
To earn CEUs, you must:
- Register for the Institute. Indicate on your registration the number of CEUs you are applying for.
- Participate in the Institute: You must attend the Opening Plenary session, at least one of the four NAEYC Research Symposium sessions, and other 1- and 2-hour sessions (for a minimum participation of 10 or 20 hours, depending on how many CEUs you purchase).
- Complete an assessment online within 2 weeks following the Institute (by June 30, 2013). On this assessment you will indicate the sessions you attended and respond to questions that address the Institute's Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of assessment, NAEYC will mail you a CEU certificate stating the number of CEUs earned.
Technical Requirements: In order to access the CEU assessment, your computer will need Adobe Flash Player 9+ plus one of the following Web browsers: Internet Explorer 6.x - 8.x, FireFox 2.x-3.x, Google Chrome 1.x, Safari 1.x-4.x
About IACET: The International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) is a non-profit association dedicated to quality continuing education and training programs. IACET is the only standard-setting organization approved by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) for continuing education and training. The ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard is the core of thousands of educational programs worldwide. For more information, please visit www.iacet.org or call 703-506-3275.
Portland State University will offer one or two graduate quarter credits ($100 for one credit and $160 for two credits). In order to received credit, attendance at the Institute is required along with a final assignment due (July 12, 2013). We recommend that attendees register online for graduate quarter credits in advance of the Institute by using the resources available on the Portland State University web site.
Registration will be available only online this year. The online registration will be available until July 12, 2013.