The workforce policy seminars are designed for state policy makers, early education advocates, and program administrators working to connect professional development activities and initiatives into an integrated system.
August 2012 Policy Seminar
- Policies and Practices that Strengthen Technical Assistance, presented in collaboration with NCCP to launch NAEYC's report on Technical Assistance Professionals. (Webinar Recording)
- Listen to recommendations from the report shared on Horizons In Learning's Coaching Connections Radio Show
May 2012 Policy Seminar
- Intersections of Implementation Science and Policy in Professional Development Systems, in coordination with Research Connections and the National Center on Child Care Professional Development Systems and Workforce Initiatives (PDW Center) (PDF / Webinar Recording)
May 2011 Policy Seminar
- Professional Development Systems: Approaching Integration, part of the Birth to Five Policy Alliance's Supporting State Advisory Councils initiative (PDF / audio recording: part 1, part 2)
February 2011 Policy Seminar
- Higher Education and the Early Childhood Workforce, part of the Birth to Five Policy Alliance's Supporting State Advisory Councils initiative (PDF / audio recording: part 1, part 2, part 3)
April 2010 Policy Seminar
October 2009 Policy Seminar
- Focus on Professional Development (PD) Specialists—professionals who provide/deliver PD, e.g., trainers, coaches, mentors, advisors, technical assistance providers, and consultants (PDF / Online Presentation)
Spring 2009 Seminar Series
This six-part series is organized by the essential policy areas as outlined in Workforce Designs: A Policy Blueprint for State Early Childhood Professional Development Systems.
#1 Focus on Advisory Structures (PDF / Online Presentation)
#2 Focus on Articulation (PDF)
#3 Focus on Data (PDF / Online Presentation)
#4 Focus on Professional Standards and Career Pathways (PDF / Online Presentation)
#5 Focus on Financing (PDF / Online Presentation)
#6 Focus on Workforce Development Systems and QRIS (PDF / Online Presentation)
Click here for more details on this seminar series.