NAEYC Alert on Appropriations!
Children's Champions June 4, 2014
On June 10 the Senate labor/HHS subcommittee will mark up their Appropriations bill for fiscal year 2015, and then the full Committee will take up the bill on June 12. The amount the Committee has to spend is extremely tight.
We need you, your colleagues, and parents in your programs to take action tomorrow, June 5th. Please share this alert with your networks.
It’s a simple call that takes less than 5 minutes but will have a big impact if everyone calls. We have provided a short sample message for you to use.
Call your Senators
- To find your Senators using your home zip code, go to www.naeyc.org/policy/action.
- Click on each one and you will be directed to their phone number.
- When the staff answer the phone, say: “Hi my name is _______________ and I am a constituent. I am calling to urge the Senator to increase federal investments in critical early learning programs such as child care, Early Head Start, Head Start, and preschool during the appropriations process. These investments will help children and families by creating a strong education and economic foundation in our State. Thank you.”
- Call your other Senator with the same information.
Joining the Tweet Storm
In addition to calling Senators’ offices, we encourage you to take to Twitter on June 5th and use these sample tweets, customizing them for your organization if necessary:
- U.S. Senators are deciding funding right now and more investments in #earlylearning need to be part of the package.
- I just called my U.S. Senator to say invest more in #earlylearning and you should call 202-224-3121!
- Tell your U.S. Senator everyone benefits when we make investments in #earlylearning quality and access
Thank you for all your hard work and everything you do on behalf of young children and their families!