The following institutes conduct research on early childhood education issues. Click on the links below to see the research they are doing across a variety of important early childhood educations issues.
Federal Government Research Institutes
- National Institute of Health, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Development (NICHD)
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Office of Planning, Research & Evaluation (OPRE)
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Child Development Studies Team (CDC)
- U.S. Department of Education, Institute of Educational Sciences (IES)
Non-Governmental Research Institutes
- American Institutes for Research (AIR)
- Child Trends
- Educational Testing Service (ETS)
- Mathematica Policy Research, Inc.
- National Center for Research on Early Childhood Education (NCRECE)
- National Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center (NECTAC)
- National Institute for Early Education Research (NIEER)
- University of North Carolina, Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute (FPG)
- Yale Child Study Center