TYC's second themed issue, scheduled for December 2013/January 2014, will include a variety of articles about Individualizing to Help All Preschoolers Be Successful Learners. We are seeking practical articles that share real-life classroom experiences while addressing topics such as these:
- Planning open-ended activities that encourage creativity
- Using ongoing assessment to learn about and plan for each child
- Offering a variety of materials and options for outdoor play
- Grouping children according to skills and interests
- Offering materials and suggestions to help children expand their small group projects
- Engaging in one-on-one interactions with children
- Listening and responding to every child
- Adapting materials, equipment, and the environment so children with disabilities can be full classroom participants
If you are interested in submitting an article for publication in this issue, submit the TYC Article Proposal Submission Form by June 1, 2013. Please be sure to review the TYC Writing Guidelines and Plain Language Tips before submitting your proposal.
Any of your questions about TYC's themed issue can be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.