You are here
Whether you're traveling across states or continents, there are a few ways you can get into Long Beach and find your way around the city during the 2019 Professional Learning Institute.
Book your Flight!
Venture into the City
Whether you're hopping on the Metro Blue Line or catching an Uber, we've got options to ensure that you'll see all the city has to offer.
Utilize the LAX FlyAway® Bus for transportation between Long Beach and the LAX airport. Note this but does NOT drop off at hotels. The LAX FlyAway® bus stop is located at the northwest corner of 1st Street and Long Beach Boulevard on the Long Beach Transit Gallery, and is:
- 4 blocks from the Hyatt Regency Long Beach
- 2 blocks from the Westin Long Beach
- 2 blocks from the Renaissance Long Beach
- 3 block from the Courtyard Long Beach Downtown
- The SuperShuttle offers shared rides and single-group rides. Prices vary and can be booked online or by calling 1-800-BLUE VAN.
- Use the Metro Blue Line, L.A.'s first light rail transit system which runs from 7th Street in Downtown L.A., to downtown Long Beach.
- Take advantage of the city's public transportation services available both on land and water! Long Beach Transit links give you access to local destinations such as Belmont Shore, Alamitos Bay and Cal State Long Beach.
- Grab a bike and take a ride in one of the most bicycle-friendly cities in the country. Long Beach welcomes cyclists to explore the city with more than 100 miles of bike routes and a scenic beachfront bike path.
- Download the Uber or Lyft apps on your smartphone to travel to/from the airport, hotels or to experience nightlife in Long Beach.
- A taxi to/from the Long Beach Airport (LGB) will cost approximately $25 one way, to/from the Los Angeles Airport (LAX) will cost approximately $70 one way, and to/from the John Wayne Airport (SNA) will cost approximately $75 one way.
Find a Travel Partner!
Are you within driving distance to this year's Institute? Join our private Facebook group to make new friends or find someone to split travel costs with.
Reserve your housing with a 2019 NAEYC Institute Approved Vendor. Do not respond to housing companies claiming to be affiliated with NAEYC. To book your hotel, please access the NAEYC Institute housing page directly.