Present at the 2018 Institute
You are here
CALL FOR PRESENTATION PROPOSALS
Deadline for Submissions: January 5, 2018
2018 NAEYC Professional Learning Institute
Sunday, June 10–Wednesday, June 13, 2018
Submit a Proposal to present at NAEYC’s 2018 Institute.
NAEYC’s Professional Learning Institute brings together seasoned and emerging early childhood leaders in a community of learners focused on deepening the early childhood knowledge base, addressing challenging and controversial issues facing the field, and developing skills to improve professional development and practice.
The Institute features hundreds of informative sessions and research posters, unique networking opportunities, and a vibrant exhibit hall marketplace. NAEYC seeks proposals that reflect the best thinking in early childhood education, informed by research, policy, and practice.
NAEYC invites proposals that:
- Address current challenges faced by early childhood professionals and are solution-oriented
- Use active approaches to enhance attendee learning
- Engage attendees in stimulating activities and discussion
- Present new strategies and fresh perspectives on traditional content supported by research
- Help participants turn ideas into action
- Target either new, mid-career, or seasoned professionals
- Address the needs of program administrators, teacher educators, trainers, coaches, agency officials, advocates, master teachers, and others focused on quality improvement in programs for young children and their families.
Strong proposals address timely topics of interest to Institute attendees. Examples include:
- Countering bias in early childhood programs
- Advancing the early childhood profession
- Supporting dual language learners
- Emerging trends in professional development and preparation
- Case studies of successful statewide systems and community collaborations
- Click here for a full list of Institute topics
NAEYC strives to incorporate a diverse array of presenters and perspectives. We welcome presenters of different nationalities and varying levels of experience representing both individual experts and those representing institutions and organizations.
Presenters can submit proposals for one-hour, two-hour, or research poster sessions.
|1-hour Session||One-hour sessions are forums for information dissemination—including sessions that address current issues, present recent research findings, provide an overview of proposed legislation, etc. They can include questions from the floor.|
|2-hour Session||Two- hour sessions include participant interaction during at least half of the scheduled time. Participants have opportunities to engage in discussions with colleagues, reflect on session content, and consider ways to implement what they have learned.|
|Research Poster||Research poster sessions present cutting-edge research in the field of early childhood education. Institute participants can review the poster displays and discuss the research methodology and findings with researchers.|
Discounted registration fee for presenters: Presenters of one-hour, two-hour, and research poster sessions at NAEYC’s Professional Learning Institute will register at a specially discounted fee. Registration information for presenters will be sent after proposals are selected.
Audiovisual equipment: NAEYC will provide a projection screen and stand and an LCD projector. Laptops, DVD players, sound patches, flip charts, and other equipment can be rented through our AV vendor. Internet access for session rooms can be purchased from the Institute hotel and/or convention center.
Important dates: All proposals must be received by January 5, 2018.