NAEYC Member Interest Forums encourage the exchange of diverse opinions and further discussion, dialogue, and reflection about specific topics relevant to NAEYC’s mission and goals. The forums provide NAEYC members a way to expand their knowledge and share their specific passion within early childhood education with other NAEYC members. Forums focus on a range of topics—from health and safety to professional development systems to men in education.
Forums often host face-to-face meetings at conferences, such as NAEYC's Annual Conference and National Institute for Early Childhood Development. However, staying connected throughout the year is important for continuing the dialogue, sharing best practices, and championing the passion of forum members. And starting in late April, NAEYC members will have access to Hello, a new platform built using industry-leading online-community technology, enabling more people to join in the discussion and vital work of NAEYC's Interest Forums.
Please note that some Interest Forums may fall into more than one category, however the following were determined based on the purpose of each Interest Forum.
NAEYC Member Interest Forums
- Asian Interest Forum
- Black Caucus Interest Forum
- Latino Interest Forum
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Interest Forum
- Men in Education Network (M.E.N)
- Tribal and Indigenous Early Childhood Network (TIECN)
- Early Childhood Science Interest Forum
- Health and Safety Interest Forum
- Technology and Young Children
- Play, Policy, and Practice
- Young Children and Nature
- At Risk and Special Needs
- Family Child Care Interest Forum
- Infant Toddler Professionals
- Kindergarten Interest Forum
- Laboratory Schools
- Children’s Global Issues Community
- Children of Incarcerated Parents
- PEACE Educators Interest Forum
- Young Children's Spirituality
- Faith Based Interest Forum
- Career/Professional Development Systems Community
- Community Collaboration Interest Forum
- Diversity and Equity Education for Adults
- Early Childhood Consultants and Authors
- Ethics in Early Childhood Education
- Student Interest Forum (SIF) of NAEYC
Not a NAEYC Member but what to join these vital groups? Learn more about the benefits of NAEYC Membership.