Experience this unique conference for early childhood educators!
Dear Colleague, We're delighted to invite you to Balitmore for one of the early childhood field’s most anticipated events—NAEYC’s 2016 National Institute for Early Childhood Professional Development. At the Institute you’ll hear new ideas and fresh insights from early childhood experts and learn how you can make a greater impact in your program.
Who should attend?
NAEYC’s National Institute for Early Childhood Professional Development is designed for all early childhood professionals, including leaders who prepare, mentor, and support early childhood professionals, as well as program administrators, teacher educators, trainers, teachers, preschool teachers, and researchers.
What will I learn?
You will expand and deepen your early childhood knowledge base, develop skills that improve your professional preparation and practice, and sharpen your ability to use effective, active learning approaches. The theme for the 2016 Institute is Early Learning at the Top of the Ticket, as we advocate for early childhood education to become a national priority during this year's election and that early childhood educators and professionals are recognized as vital to society. In addition to theme-related sessions on advancing the profession, the Institute also covers many other topics, including the latest in professional development and preparation, systems administration, early learning research, and much more.
What happens at Institute?
|1) Gain new skills and knowledge|
|2) Build your network|
|3) Learn from experts|
|4) Get Inspired|
|5) Experience the Charm City|
- An Opening Session—provides a focus and challenge for the 4 days of sessions and other events that follow.
- Daily featured sessions—addresses the Institute theme and key issues in early childhood education—presented by national leaders in the field.
- 1-hour sessions—that addresses current issues, present recent research reports, provides an overview of upcoming proposed legislation, and more!
- Interactive 2-hour sessions—provides time to engage in discussions with colleagues, reflect, and think about what you’ll take home for implementation.
- A Research Poster Session—offers opportunities to learn about cutting-edge research in the field of early childhood education by visiting the poster displays and speaking with researchers.
- Networking opportunities—exchange ideas with individuals and organizations showcasing effective approaches to professional development, high-quality programs, and new research.
- Exhibits and NAEYC Shop—featuring books, training materials, and other professional development resources.