The Council for NAEYC Accreditation, established by NAEYC's Governing Board as an independent body, ensures the equity, integrity and accountability of NAEYC Accreditation of Early Learning Programs.
The Council comprises nine members serving staggered three-year terms.
- Approve policies needed to govern the operations of NAEYC Accreditation of Early Learning Programs
- Monitor and provide feedback on the operations of NAEYC Accreditation of Early Learning Programs using performance standards for accountability
- Set and periodically revise the program standards and accreditation criteria that govern accreditation decisions
- Oversee accreditation decisions
- Recommend to the Governing Board cooperative relationships with other systems that would advance the mission of NAEYC Accreditation of Early Learning Programs
NAEYC has a great opportunity for members to get involved and help shape the future of the early childhood profession, by applying to join the Council for NAEYC Accreditation. The application deadline is April 7, 2017. Click here to apply.
Minutes from Council meetings are available upon written request to the NAEYC Accreditation of Early Learning Programs. To request meeting minutes, email email@example.com.
Current Council Members
Speak directly with NAEYC Early Learning Program staff about the NAEYC Accreditation process, educational qualifications, groups, and much more by submitting a Consultation Request.