NAEYC Virtual Event Code of Conduct
You are here
NAEYC is committed to providing a professional, collegial, supportive, respectful, friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all participants and NAEYC staff regardless of a person’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, age, religion, disability status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical appearance, or other characteristic (“personal characteristics”) and any other legally protected classes.
All participants, including, but not limited to attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, sponsors, NAEYC staff, service providers and others are expected to comply with this Virtual Event Code of Conduct. NAEYC expects participants and speakers to uphold the professional and educational purposes of NAEYC and its events by respecting the rights, privacy, safety, and dignity of everyone.
- All participants are treated with respect and consideration, valuing a diversity of views and opinions.
- Strive for inclusive, transparent, and open communication.
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative in speaking and listening.
- Do not appropriate knowledge shared during this meeting or future collaborations.
- Acknowledge the contributions of others.
- Respect the rules and policies of Meeting or Conference Platform.
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated during any portion of a meeting or event. Unacceptable behavior includes but is not limited to:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions.
- Individual attacks on others.
- Harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments or visual images related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability or other personal characteristics, including those protected by law.
- Real or implied threat of professional or financial damage or harm.
- Inappropriate or repeated disruption of meetings or events.
- Deliberate intimidation of others.
- Photographing, video or audio recording of slides, oral or poster presentations without presenter/author’s permission.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. NAEYC reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Violating the rules and regulations of the online platform.
Reporting Harassment to NAEYC: Report harassment and disruptive behaviors to NAEYC staff at [email protected].
Violation of this Policy, as determined by NAEYC in its sole discretion, is grounds for any action that NAEYC deems appropriate, including but not limited to warning the offender, denying the offender access to an NAEYC Event and restrictions from future NAEYC meetings and events. NAEYC reserves the right to take whatever action it, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate, with respect to the investigation of any matters related to this Policy.