NAEYC Publications & Orders - FAQs
You are here
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the file format for NAEYC’s e-books?
NAEYC’s e-books are all in the EPUB file format.
Which devices are most compatible with NAEYC’s e-books?
Any desktop, tablet, or mobile device that has a major EPUB reader should work (with the exception of Amazon Kindle).
For the best quality, we recommend using Apple iBooks (for macOS and iOS devices), Adobe Digital Editions and Calibre (for desktop), and Google Play Books and Aldiko (for Android devices).
If you do not already have an e-reader you like to use, here is an easy way to access your downloaded book using the Chrome browser:
- Log in on NAEYC.org.
- Go to “Member Profile” and then click “Downloads” in the “Account Links” on the right.
- Click on the “Download” icon and your file will begin downloading to your device immediately.
- In Chrome go to the following link for the epub reader for Google Chrome extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/epub-reader-for-google-ch/fnplkbhndemgbopkkpmpnfklkhphpneg?hl=en-US.
- Click on the blue “add to Chrome” button and then click “add extension” when prompted by Chrome.
- Chrome will open a window with the epub reader for Google Chrome displayed or you can access the epub reader at any time via your Google extensions. Click on the puzzle piece located next to your profile picture in the upper right section of your screen and then select the epub reader for Google Chrome from the drop-down menu.
- Once the epub reader for Google Chrome is launched, locate and position your mouse on the three horizontal bars in the upper left corner.
- From the dropdown menu displayed below the three horizontal bars, click on the first option “upload from your device”. In the file explorer window that opens, locate your “downloads” folder and click on your “.epub” book file’s name and the “open” button and the book will open in the epub reader window. Scroll down to read and enjoy your book.
Why can’t I read NAEYC’s e-books on my Amazon Kindle?
Amazon’s Kindle does not support the popular EPUB file format. Since Amazon uses their own file extension for e-books, most users have to convert their EPUB files to make it readable on their Kindle devices.
How can I download my purchased e-books?
- Go to “My Downloads” (login required): members.naeyc.org/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?webcode=MyDownloads
- Locate your file and click on the “Download” icon. This will prompt the file to download to your device.
- Once the download is finished, open the file to begin reading the publication. The file will open on your device’s e-reader.
How long will my purchased e-book be available in my account?
All downloadable products will be stored in the “My Downloads” area of your Eweb account indefinitely.
What is NAEYC’s refund policy for e-books?
We do not offer refunds for any digital products (including e-books) at this time.
- Returns must be made within 30 days of invoice date.
Product Return Restrictions:
Multimedia—returnable only if shrinkwrap is intact
Week of the Young Child Gift Items—not returnable
- Call 1-800-424-2460 for return instructions.
- If the items are returnable, you will be mailed a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA).
- Write the RMA number on the outside of your package(s).
- Return to the address indicated on your RMA within one (1) month of RMA date.
- Returns made to any address other than that stated on the RMA will not be accepted or will be considered lost. No credit will be given.
Please pack carefully. Returned items must be received in original, resalable condition (i.e., no bar coding or stickers applied, no sticker residue).
Returned items not in resalable condition will not be credited and will not be sent back to you.
Returns made without a valid RMA will not be accepted and credit will not be given.
Claims for replacement of missing or damaged items must be made within thirty (30) days of invoice date, so please check your package carefully.
Prices vary based on a number of individual factors. The list price of a product automatically updates based on one of the following variants: your membership status or the quantity of items you wish to purchase.
To see the prices you are eligible for, please log into your account.
More information about the pricing model
The three most common prices are: Regular, Member, and Quantity Discount.
- Regular Price: Retail price for non-members.
- Member Price: NAEYC members receive a 20% discount on all items. Your membership status must be active and in good standing to receive this benefit.
- Quantity Discount: Orders of 25 or more copies of any item are eligible for a 15% discount off the list price. Contact MarketSolutions@NAEYC.org or 202-350-8824 to place your discounted order.
Bookstores and Wholesalers
Please contact us at 1-800-424-2460 (M–F, 9 a.m.–5p.m. ET) or at email@example.com.
Comprehensive Membership Publications Benefits
Standard members receive one print book and their choice of either Young Children or Teaching Young Children during their membership year.
Premium members receive five professional resources and both Young Children and Teaching Young Children issues during their membership year.
For more information about your comprehensive benefits, please visit NAEYC.org/get-involved/membership/faq#receiving-benefits
Shipping and Handling
Phone: 1-800-424-2460 (Monday–Friday, 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. ET)
Mail: NAEYC Resource Sales
PO Box 96261
Washington, DC 20090-6261
Will I receive my entire order in one shipment?
For items that are in stock, your orders will be consolidated into the fewest number of shipments possible. This may take longer to ship depending on product availability, but there will only be one shipping charge for the entire order. If your order has dissimilar items such as, a book, a T-shirt, and a mug, they will ship separately, based on where in our fulfillment network they are located. Merchandise, brochures, and posters items will ship separately from other items in your order.
What happens if a product is presale or backordered?
Rest assured. We are working to get your order to you as quickly as possible. Please note, you will be charged at the time of purchase. Your product(s) will be shipped as soon as they become available.
NAEYC ships via ground shipping. NAEYC does not deliver via ground shipping to PO boxes, so please make sure you include a complete street address. Orders shipping to PO boxes will be sent via US Mail.
|Subtotal Amount||S/H Charge|
|Up to $60||$8|
|Over $60||10% of the subtotal|
US Mail Option
Place your order online or call our Customer Care Center at 1-800-424-2460 for a quote.
Rush shipping/handling is available upon request, via UPS Next Day or UPS 2nd Day. A fee of $17.50 applies to all rush orders.
Rush orders placed by phone or online by 11 a.m. Eastern Time are processed in 1–2 business days
Rush orders placed by fax are processed in 3–5 business days
U.S. Book Trade and Libraries
NAEYC ships via a trackable, international carrier.
- All international orders required to include a local destination phone number. International carriers will not deliver without a local phone number.
- S/H charge is based on actual carrier rates, call NAEYC at 1-800-424-2460 for a shipping quote.
- Recipient is responsible for any customs fees, duties, and other taxes levied by the country of destination.
Customers in Europe, Asia, Africa, South America, Caribbean, India, Middle East, Australia, and New Zealand: Please contact our distributor, Ingram Publisher Services International.
Phone: 01752 202301
All members have online access to TYC and YC. While the premium membership includes print subscriptions to both TYC and YC, all members may add print subscriptions for just $30 each.
Subscription options are also available for individuals and institutions (without membership). For more information, visit https://www.naeyc.org/resources/pubs/subscribe
Permissions, Reprints, and Translations
NAEYC content is copyrighted and many forms of reuse require a permissions request. NAEYC accepts permissions requests for limited use of our copyrighted material, including Young Children articles, Teaching Young Children articles, books, booklets, brochures, newsletters, blog posts, videos, position statements, websites, etc. Please review the information on this page to determine if a permission request is needed and the type of permission request needed: https://www.naeyc.org/resources/permissions
Existing NAEYC Book Translations
To view existing NAEYC book translations published by international companies, visit https://www.naeyc.org/resources/translation-agreements
If you are an instructor considering an NAEYC book for course adoption, please complete and submit the form on this page to request a gratis electronic desk copy: https://www.naeyc.org/resources/pubs/desk-copy-request-form
If you are a student or instructor with a disability that prevents you from using NAEYC’s print books, please have the appropriate school official complete and submit an Alternate Format Request Form: https://www.naeyc.org/resources/pubs/alternate-format-request-form
Author Event Book Orders
If you are an NAEYC author or hosting an NAEYC author as a speaker or presenter at an event and would like to purchase books to make them available to event attendees, please complete and submit an Author Event Book Order Form to place your order: https://www.naeyc.org/resources/pubs/author-event-book-form