NAEYC Position Statements state the Association's position on issues related to early childhood education practice, policy, and/or professional development for which there are controversial or critical opinions. Position statements are developed through a consensus-building approach. Learn more about how NAEYC position statements are developed.
All position statements can be downloaded free of charge however, written permission is required to republish excerpts from or full text of NAEYC position statements. Learn more.
Additional Position Statements
Curriculum, Assessment, and Program Evaluation
- Curriculum, Assessment, and Program Evaluation Position Statement
- Position Statement with Expanded Resources
Supplement on Assessing Young English Language Learners
- La evaluación y clasificación de niños que aprenden el inglès
- Supplement with Expanded Resources
- Nuestra posición
Supplement on Children With Disabilities
Licensing and Public Regulation
Linguistic and Cultural Diversity
- Science Position statement of the NSTA
Endorsed by the NAEYC Governing Board, April 2014