Registration Now Open!
NAEYC's 2022 Public Policy Forum
How much does Policy Forum cost?
- NAEYC's Public Policy Forum is a member-only event.
- This year, once you are a NAEYC member, it is FREE for you to attend! (We love & appreciate all of you).
- All you need to do is register yourself HERE. While you may not hear from us right away, you can expect additional outreach from NAEYC and your state team leader over the next several weeks leading up to the Forum!
As a participant, what kind of time commitment should I expect?
- On Sunday, February 27, Policy Forum will be live from 1:30 - 4:30 pm ET. On Monday, February 28, we will be live from 1:30 - 2:30 pm ET. If you are registering for policy forum, we will expect folks to join us for as much of this time as possible.
- In addition, you will have access to more than a dozen on-demand sessions (lasting from 30-75 minutes each) that you can watch on your own or with colleagues.
- Finally, once you register, you can expect outreach from your state team leader who will invite you to join at least one meeting to connect with your state and community and some folks will also be able to participate in Congressional visits.
When can I expect to get more resources and information about the agenda?
- In order to provide participants with the most timely and relevant information and access to speakers and content, NAEYC shares the agenda and resources shortly before the start of the policy forum.
- Please feel free to check back for more information!
Why did NAEYC decide to go virtual for this year's public policy forum?
- In December 2021, with the uncertainty of variants, the impact of the pandemic on Hill accessibility, and to allow time for more people, including children, to have access to and become fully vaccinated, we determined that a virtual format in February would be best for the safety of our members and the children and families you all serve.
- We’re excited to create another interactive, engaging, and (hopefully!) celebratory virtual policy forum, and we think this format will allow for the best, most inclusive, and most accessible conference experience, recognizing ECE programs’ staffing challenges, and our collective efforts to recover and rebuild from the last two years.
Whether you have tons of advocacy experience, or none at all, NAEYC's Public Policy Forum is THE place for you to sharpen your skills and help us move a nonpartisan agenda in support of young children and the early childhood education profession!
As a Public Policy Forum participant, NAEYC members have the opportunity to:
- Be part of a powerful team working to advance federal and state early childhood policy
- Hear from national and state policy leaders and fellow advocates
- Get the resources and experiences they need to be an informed and effective advocate
- Meet - even virtually! - with members of Congress and build relationships with their staff and teams
Interested in participating, but not a NAEYC Member? Join today!
The Public Policy Forum is a members-only function open to current NAEYC members. Take the first step and join the only association that gives you access to information from leading early childhood experts and ensures you will have the tools needed to excel in your job, grow in your career, and stay connected to a professional network of educators across the country.