Save The Date
NAEYC's 2022 Public Policy Forum
Whether you have tons of advocacy experience, or none at all, NAEYC's Public Policy Forum is THE place for you to sharpen your skills and help us move a nonpartisan agenda in support of young children and the early childhood education profession!
As a Public Policy Forum participant, NAEYC members have the opportunity to:
- Be part of a powerful team working to advance federal and state early childhood policy
- Hear from national and state policy leaders and fellow advocates
- Get the resources and experiences they need to be an informed and effective advocate
- Meet - even virtually! - with members of Congress and build relationships with their staff and teams
How Does it Work?
Members are placed in state teams coordinated by a State Team Leader. In order to register, you must contact your State Team Leader to receive registration information and secure your spot on your state team.
What Can You Expect at NAEYC's Public Policy Forum?
Sunday, February 28: Livestream from 1:00 - 4:00 pm ET with a 30-minute break
- Child Care and the Media panel
- Messages from key federal policymakers
- Virtual Congressional Meeting Talking Points
Monday, March 1: Livestream from 12:30 - 3:30 pm ET with a 30-minute break
- Panel and breakout sessions on “Five Key Questions from ECE Advocates & How To Answer Them” addressing compensation, deregulation, state budgets, organizing, and more.
- Featuring leaders from Alabama Department of Early Childhood Education; Bank Street College of Education; Center for American Progress; Center on Budget and Policy Priorities; Child Care Aware of Minnesota; Health Care for America Now; Preschool for All Campaign in Multnomah, Oregon; and Pennsylvania AEYC, and more.
More than one dozen 30-60 minute sessions available on-demand from ECE partners and leaders, including highlights such as:
- Nothing for Us, Without Us: Centering the Voices of Educators in Policymaking
- A Shared Understanding: Federal Budget and Appropriations
- Start with Equity: 14 Priorities to Dismantle Systemic Racism in Early Care and Education
- The Reach of Research: Exploring the Role of Research in Making and Implementing Policy
State Team Meetings and Congressional Visits
Public Policy Forum participants will be notified by NAEYC and/or their State Team Leaders about times and opportunities for state team meetings and virtual Congressional visits.
Interested in participating, but not a NAEYC Member? Join today!
The Public Policy Forum is a members-only function open to current NAEYC members. Take the first step and join the only association that gives you access to information from leading early childhood experts and ensures you will have the tools needed to excel in your job, grow in your career, and stay connected to a professional network of educators across the country.