Together, we make a difference!
Save the Date: 2019 Public Policy Forum
Sunday, February 24 – Tuesday, February 26 | Washington, DC
Maybe you’re thinking: This forum isn’t for me. I’m not an advocate. This is someone else’s job. You couldn’t be more wrong. You ARE an advocate. You must be. So save the date now to join your early childhood colleagues from across the country, new and experienced, in becoming more informed, engaged, connected, and effective.
At Public Policy Forum, you:
- Form part of a team working to advance federal and state early childhood policy
- Hear from and network with national and state policy leaders and fellow advocates
- Get the resources and experiences you need to be an informed and effective advocate
- Meet with members of Congress and build relationships
How does it work?:
Members are placed in state teams coordinated by a State Team Leader. Once you contact your State Team Leader, you will receive registration information and secure your spot on your state team.
- $25 per person for Sunday
- $50 per person for Monday/Tuesday
We changed venues and are now in our new event space at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington VA!
2018 Event Agenda:
- The event began on Sunday, March 4 at 1:00 pm with an exciting half-day session on electoral advocacy.
- On Monday, March 5, we hosted expert policy briefings, guest speakers, and interactive breakout sessions for all state team members, providing many opportunities for networking and learning.
- On Tuesday, March 6, members experienced Hill Day, building relationships with their Representatives, Senators and/or their staff.
We made this the biggest, best forum yet and together, we made sure our elected officials knew who we were, and what our children, families, and educators need to thrive.
If you're on the fence, here's what this year's participants would like to tell you:
- "Go! It is an incredible experience that you will regret if you miss it."
- "Everyone, from first-time advocates to lobbyists, walks away from this forum with more confidence and expertise."
- "Your voice must be heard and the Forum will give you the tools to do so."
- "You will be amazed at what you will learn in this short period of time. We need you."
- "This experience is transformative! You owe it to yourself to attend."
Check out highlights from past Public Policy Forums:
Interested in participating, but not a NAEYC Member? Join today!
The Public Policy Forum is a members-only function open to current NAEYC members. Take the first step and join the only association that gives you access to information from leading early childhood experts and ensures you will have the tools needed to excel in your job, grow in your career, and stay connected to a professional network of educators across the country.