NAEYC's 2023 Public Policy Forum
Sunday, February 26 - Tuesday February 28th
In 2023, NAEYC’s Public Policy Forum was back in-person - with virtual add-ons! More than 700 educators and advocates came together to strengthen advocacy skills, expand policy knowledge, deepen relationships, and build power across states and communities!
NAEYC's PPF is organized by state teams in order to build strong relationships and networks.
To learn more about your state team and advocacy opportunities, even after public policy forum, find the name and email address for your state's team leader on this spreadsheet.
- $125 for in-person registration (includes access to all virtual content)
- $50 for virtual-only registration (6 hours of online content over 2 days; also available on-demand).
Dates for In-Person PPF: Sunday, February 26 beginning at 1pm ET - Tuesday, February 28 (Hill Day!)
Dates for Virtual-Only PPF: Sunday, February 12 from 1-4 pm ET and Monday, March 13 from 3-6:30 pm ET.
Here is the full agenda for the 2023 Public Policy Forum
Here is the virtual-only agenda, with updated information for Monday, 3/13
(NOTE: The virtual session on Monday, March 13 has been extended slightly due to having too much great content! We hope you will join us from 3:00 - 6:30 pm ET.)
- REMINDER: ALL VIRTUAL CONTENT IS ALSO AVAILABLE AND ACCESSIBLE FOR IN-PERSON REGISTRANTS. Virtual content is outlined towards the end of the agenda, so you can get more details on what happened on 2/12, what’s coming on 3/13, and what’s always available on-demand.
For additional information, you can also check out the 2022 Public Policy Forum agenda here (and the 2020 Public Policy Forum agenda here, from the last time we were in person!)
Whether you have tons of advocacy experience, or none at all, NAEYC's Public Policy Forum is THE place for you to sharpen your skills and help us move a nonpartisan agenda in support of young children and the early childhood education profession!
As a Public Policy Forum participant, NAEYC members have the opportunity to:
- Be part of a powerful team working to advance federal and state early childhood policy
- Hear from national and state policy leaders and fellow advocates
- Get the resources and experiences they need to be an informed and effective advocate
- Meet with members of Congress and build relationships with their staff and teams
Most of the policy forum resources are available only to NAEYC policy forum participants, but here is a glimpse of two key resources that were shared in person: a full set of talking points, which includes Congressional meeting processes and talking points; additional "back-pocket" talking points; and focused talking points on infants and toddlers and family child care; and the "If You Give a Family Access to Child Care" poem that was distributed to Hill offices as a leave-behind with a #SolveChildCare cookie!
Interested in participating, but not a NAEYC Member? Join today!
The Public Policy Forum is a members-only function open to current NAEYC members. Take the first step and join the association that gives you access to information from leading early childhood experts and ensures you will have the tools needed to excel in your job, grow in your career, and stay connected to a professional network of educators across the country.
Read the updated NAEYC Event Safety Policy here.