About the Professional Learning Institute
You are here
Who should attend?
NAEYC’s Professional Learning Institute is designed for all early childhood professionals, including leaders who prepare, mentor, and support early childhood professionals, as well as program administrators, teacher educators, trainers, teachers, preschool teachers, and researchers.
What will I learn?
You will expand and deepen your early childhood knowledge base, develop skills that improve your professional preparation and practice, and sharpen your ability to use effective, active learning approaches. In addition to sessions on advancing the profession, the Institute also covers many other topics, including the latest in professional development and preparation, systems administration, early learning research, best practices, and much more.
5 reasons to attend Institute
- Gain new skills and knowledge
- Build your professional network
- Learn from industry-leading experts
- Get inspired
- Experience New Orleans!
What happens at Institute?
- Opening Session—this kickoff session provides focus and a challenge for the following 4 days of sessions and events that follow.
- Daily featured sessions—these can't miss sessions address the heart of the Institute and key issues in early childhood education—presented by national leaders in the field.
- 1-hour sessions—that addresses current issues, present recent research reports, provides an overview of upcoming proposed legislation, and more!
- Interactive 2-hour sessions—provides time to engage in discussions with colleagues, reflect, and think about what you’ll take home for implementation.
- A Research Symposium—offers opportunities to learn about cutting-edge research in the field of early childhood education.
- Networking opportunities—exchange ideas with individuals and organizations showcasing effective approaches to professional development, high-quality programs, and new research.
- Exhibits and NAEYC Shop—featuring books, training materials, and other professional development resources.