Be A Proactive Early Learning Advocate
You are here
Home / Be A Proactive Early Learning Advocate
Join us in making a promise to take action! Commit to connecting with your fellow educators, advocates, and policy makers to advance policy and increase investments for early childhood education and educators.
- Get to know your elected officials at all levels. Attend city council meetings, school board meetings, briefings, and town halls to meet them, and follow them on social media to learn their views on issues you care about.
- Find the policy agenda from your NAEYC Affiliate. Read it and think about ways you can support this plan in your everyday work. Then join your affiliate’s public policy committee!
- Invite your elected officials to visit high-quality early childhood programs so they see firsthand the value of early learning.
- Engage the media by writing a letter to the editor or an op-ed opinion piece for publication in your local newspaper.
- Organize a book or article club to create a space where friends and colleagues with a variety of political beliefs can learn, share, and think about early childhood education in a more casual setting.
- Mobilize your assets. Use the NAEYC advocacy tools and resources to leverage your capacity and know-how to pump up your early childhood advocacy muscle.
- Vote. And get others to vote too. Use the NAEYC electoral tools and resources to make sure your voice is heard in every election at the local, state, and national levels.