NAEYC Commission on the Accreditation of Early Childhood Higher Education Programs
You are here
The Commission's Role
The principal function of The NAEYC Commission on the Accreditation of Early Childhood Higher Education Programs is to exercise professional judgment in making accreditation decisions and setting policies and standards. The Commission also works with NAEYC staff to develop guidance documents and data gathering instruments necessary to carry out these functions.
The Commission consists of not fewer than eight members, who serve staggered three-year terms. One member is elected as chairperson. Commissioners bring a demonstrated commitment to the aims of early childhood teacher education at higher education institutions; an understanding of the nature of program accreditation systems, policy and procedures; and respect for the confidential, fair, and impartial nature of accreditation decisions. The Commission must include at least one public member who is not a member of the early childhood profession.
Current Commission Roster
- Victoria Young-Chiverton, Chair - Central Arizona College, AZ
- Stacy Atkinson - Ivy Tech Community College, IN
- Nancy Beaver - Eastfield College, TX
- Paige Bray - University of Hartford, CT
- Rebecca Brinks - Grand Rapids Community College, MI
- Benita Flores-Muñoz - Del Mar College, TX
- Donna Gollnick - Public Member
- Jayme Hines - Wilkes University, PA
- Tiffany Hunter - Clark State Community College, OH
- Elisa Huss-Hage - Owens Community College, OH
- Tywanda Jiles - Chicago State University, IL
- Elsa Jones - Connecticut State Colleges and Universities and Connecticut Office of Early Childhood, CT
- Bridget Murray - Henderson Community College, KY
- Wei Qiu - Weber State University, UT
- Bweikia Steen - George Mason University, VA
- Mary Harrill, Ex Officio member - Senior Director of Higher Education, NAEYC
Applying to Serve on the Commission
The Commission is not currently seeking applicants. Future calls for applications will be posted here.