2023 Annual Conference Call for Proposals Information
You are here
Call for Presentation Proposals
2023 NAEYC Annual Conference, Nashville, TN
Wednesday, November 15 – Saturday, November 18, 2023
NAEYC is transitioning to a NEW online abstract management system! The submission link is not quite ready but here’s some information to help you prepare while we work to get the site open.
NAEYC's Annual Conference is the world’s largest gathering of early childhood professionals offering hundreds of engaging and informative sessions, poster displays, research panels, and more. We invite you to share your research, content expertise, and experience at the 2023 NAEYC Annual Conference in Nashville, TN.
NAEYC seeks proposals that address timely topics and current challenges faced by early childhood professionals. Proposals should be grounded in best practices, informed by research, support NAEYC’s mission, and meet the professional development needs of the conference’s core audiences. For the full list of topic tracks and attendee demographics, click here.
NAEYC strives to incorporate a diverse array of presenters and perspectives. We welcome presenters of different nationalities and varying levels of experience representing both individual experts and those representing institutions and organizations.
All proposals should reflect research and/or practical experience that is innovative, well-grounded, and consistent with the principles of effective adult learning in a conference setting. Proposals must be submitted online. NAEYC will inform you of your status regardless if the proposal is accepted or not via email in July.
Important Information Required for Proposal Submissions
An individual's name should appear on only one proposal as the lead/primary presenter. NAEYC is not responsible for scheduling conflicts that might arise if an individual's name appears on more than one accepted proposal. Most sessions are 1.5 hours in duration. Please consider the session length when submitting your proposal. Be prepared to provide the information below:
Presenter contact information for ALL presenters (includes primary and additional presenters)
- First and Last Name
- Professional title
- Complete mailing addresses
- Phone numbers
- Email Address
- Presenter website/LinkedIn Profile link (if applicable)
- Demographics – gender, age range, ethnicity, years in ECE
- Are you a member: Y/N
- Presented previously
- # of NAEYC conferences as a presenter
- Speaker Bio
- Did you present in 2022?
- Content level (Introductory, Intermediate, Advanced)
- Primary topic category
- Secondary topic category
- Age level (Infants, Toddlers, Infants & Toddlers, Preschoolers, Kindergartners, First to Third Graders, All Children, and Adults)
- Session title
- Summary of content
- Describe how your proposal reflects the fourth edition of the Developmentally Appropriate Practice (DAP) position statement; NAEYC’s Advancing Equity in Early Childhood Education position statement and/or other NAEYC position statements
- Learning Outcomes of presentation
- Opportunities for linkage and application
- Presenter qualifications for presenting on proposed topic
- 1.5 hour – limit 4 presenters (scheduled on Thursday-Saturday)
- 3-hour Wednesday session – limit 8 presenters (scheduled on Wednesday)
- Research Poster – limit 2 presenters (scheduled Thursday)
- Poster Session (topics other than research) – limit 2 presenters (scheduled Friday)
- Longer time slot justification
- Preferred room capacity
- Preferred room setup (theater or rounds)
- Presenter comments/requests
- For research submissions only: Instead of the summary of content, these submissions require the stated purpose, methods, results, and implications of the research. These proposals may be accepted as regular sessions or as poster sessions.
- Audiovisual equipment: NAEYC will provide a standard audiovisual equipment setup which includes a screen, an LCD projector, and stand. One table microphone and one podium mic will also be provided per session. Any additional AV equipment is at the presenter's expense including sound patches, laptops, and internet. Additional equipment can be rented through our AV vendor.
Submit a Proposal in Spanish
NAEYC is excited to continue the Grandes Comienzos track at the 2023 Annual Conference. This track provides sessions in Spanish on topics concerning young children, their families, and early childhood education.
- If you plan to submit a proposal for a session delivered in Spanish, please select the Grandes Comienzos--Spanish Language track.
- Si te vas a presentar una propuesta para una sesión entregada en Español, por favor seleccione las Grandes Comienzos - pista Española.
If your proposal is selected, you may register for the conference at the reduced presenter rate. Details about the discounted presenter fee will be emailed with acceptance letters.
No Sales policy: NAEYC’s stated policy is that presenters may not display or sell products in session rooms. Presenters are not permitted to sell products before, during or after their session at the Annual Conference. If you would like to purchase a booth in NAEYC's Expo, please contact our team found on the Exhibitors & Advertisers page.
Please email NAEYC's Conference Department at [email protected] or call 800-424-2460.