Accreditation Technical Updates
You are here
Beginning on Monday, March 16, 2020 and continuing through close of business on Friday, April 24, 2020, NAEYC will transition its staff to a telework schedule and we will also suspend all domestic and international travel.
What does this mean for you:
- All site visits are on hold until Friday, April 17, 2020. No site visits will be taking place during this time.
- Staff will have access to their email and voicemail and will be able to assist you during NAEYC’s regularly scheduled office hours.
- If you are contacting the customer care team about membership or product purchases, please email email@example.com or call 800-424-2460. Note that all calls will go directly to voicemail and a service representative will reply as soon as possible and no later than 48 hours after the message is sent. We highly recommend contacting us by email at this time.
- If you are contacting us concerning NAEYC Accreditation please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-424-2460. Note that all calls will go directly to voicemail and a service representative will reply as soon as possible and no later than 48 hours after the message is sent. We highly recommend contacting us by email at this time.
- All of NAEYC’s online resources will be accessible as usual during this time.
Below is a list of errors you may have experienced in the portal and our suggestions.
Types of Issues
Incorrect "Overall Status" Display
If your dashboard is displaying an incorrect “Overall Status”, please disregard. For example, if your program is ‘Accredited’ but is showing as ‘Enrolled’.
We are working to correct this glitch as soon as possible. Please continue to make updates in your program profile, staff profile, class profile and site profiles.
Credit Card Payment
We're currently experiencing issues with our credit card processor. This is a temporary issue and will be fixed soon. Please use the "bill me later" option when trying to pay within the Accreditation Portal. Once the issue is resolved, click on payment history and locate the unpaid invoice to complete payment.
Incorrect Email Notifications
If you received one of the following email notifications, please disregard as it is due to our technical difficulties:
- Enrollment withdrawn due to non payment
- Incorrect site visit window
- Family and/or teaching staff surveys have not been completed
- Renewal materials are due after their valid until date
Annual Report email reminder not received
Due to the transition into the Accreditation Portal, some programs may not have received their reminder notice. Your annual report is still due on your “valid until date” for the first four years. The checklist is made available in the portal two months prior to the deadline.
Annual Report check marks are not displaying
Some programs are currently experiencing a glitch while completing the Annual Report checklist. Items 7, 8, and 9 on the Annual Report Checklist are not giving the green checkmark.
Please continue to complete the entire checklist. Be sure to complete the payment task as well. Once the checklist is completed, NAEYC staff will work to fix the checklist for programs. Programs will not be charged a late fee if the checklist including payment is completed by the Annual Report due date.
Verification of Form Submissions
Due to the high volume of form submissions, we are currently experiencing a backlog. When a form has been entered by an NAEYC staff member, you will receive a notification via email.
You may also check your program's dashboard in the portal for any updates. We recommend programs track their form submission using one of the postal service’s mail tracking options.
Although each program may have five contacts listed, only the people listed as the primary and secondary have the ability to edit in the portal.
If there has been a change in the administrator’s information (i.e., name, email address, etc.) please fill out a program Contact Change Form to update our staff on this change. .
Due to the high volume of form submissions, it may take up to three days to receive a confirmation email.
Awaiting my Accreditation Decision
Are you currently awaiting an accreditation decision from a recent site visit?
Programs that were recently visited will receive their Accreditation Decision Reports on a rolling basis. NAEYC will send a letter to verify your program’s participation while you await the decision.
Staff qualifications and uploading
Some programs are receiving an error message when uploading staff documentation.
NAEYC is aware of the issue and is working to resolve this as soon as possible. In order to not slow down the process for administrators, you can check off educational qualifications as none for each staff member. This option will not require you to upload anything. As soon as this is resolved, programs will be able to edit the staff profiles, select the correct educational qualification and upload documentation.
NAEYC will notify programs of the fix via email and the website.
Please note: we are currently experiencing an increase in call and email volume. Therefore, you may experience longer-than-average response times. For information and resources to help you navigate the portal click here.