Conference Safety Information & Policies
You are here
NAEYC EVENT CODE OF CONDUCT
NAEYC is committed to providing a professional, collegial, supportive, respectful, friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all participants and NAEYC staff regardless of a person’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, age, religion, disability status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical appearance, or other characteristic (“personal characteristics”) and any other legally protected classes.
Participants are limited to people 18 years and older. All participants, including, but not limited to attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, sponsors, NAEYC staff, service providers and others are expected to comply with this Event Code of Conduct. NAEYC expects participants and speakers to uphold the professional and educational purposes of NAEYC and its events by respecting the rights, privacy, safety, and dignity of everyone.
- All participants are treated with respect and consideration, valuing a diversity of views and opinions
- Strive for inclusive, transparent, and open communication
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative in speaking and listening
- Do not appropriate knowledge shared during this meeting or future collaborations
- Acknowledge the contributions of others
- Respect the rules and policies of the Event
- Comply with the safety protocols prescribed by NAEYC and venues including protocols in place for COVID-19
- Respect all participants’ personal choices with respect to wearing a mask even if others do not wear one
- Participants will not bring any children under the age of 18 into the Event including the exhibit hall and session areas.
- To promote a safe community space of open conversation, attendees must refrain from photography, audio, and video recording in session rooms.
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated during any portion the Event. Unacceptable behavior includes but is not limited to:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions.
- Individual attacks on others
- Harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments or visual images related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability or other personal characteristics, including those protected by law
- Real or implied threat of professional or financial damage or harm
- Inappropriate or repeated disruption of meetings or events
- Deliberate intimidation of others
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. NAEYC reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations
Reporting harassment to NAEYC: Report harassment and disruptive behaviors to NAEYC staff at [email protected].
Violation of this Policy, as determined by NAEYC in its sole discretion, is grounds for any action that NAEYC deems appropriate, including but not limited to warning the offender, denying the offender access to an NAEYC Event and restrictions from future NAEYC meetings and events. NAEYC reserves the right to take whatever action it, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate, with respect to the investigation of any matters related to this Policy.
NAEYC EVENT SAFETY POLICY as of May 23. 2023
In keeping with the Association's duty of care and our responsibility as an event host, NAEYC is guided by recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ('CDC') and will abide by the legal mandates of the State of Tennessee at the time of the 2023 Annual Conference ('Event').
All participants are STRONGLY encouraged to (1) stay 'up to date' with their COVID-19 vaccinations including any boosters, and (2) obtain a negative COVID-19 PCR test or rapid antigen test prior to attending the Event.
Coming together has numerous benefits, not the least of which are solidifying and showing care for our community. By attending the Event, participants accept responsibility to act in the best interests of their health, the health of others who attend, and the communities to which they will return after the Event.
As such, participants will:
- Follow the CDC guidance, 'Isolation and Precautions for People with (or exposed to) COVID-19'
- Not participate with COVID-19 symptoms, found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/isolation.html
- Depart the Event if COVID-19 symptoms develop
NAEYC reserves the right to update this safety policy should the State of Tennessee COVID-19 community level change. When the community level is 'high,' the CDC recommends that people wear masks for all indoor events. We ask that all attendees respect participants' personal choices with respect to wearing a mask even if others do not wear one. Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
NAEYC will continue to monitor and update safety precautions for the Event and coordinate with trusted national resources, state and local public health agencies, and venues. NAEYC reserves the right to modify these policies and procedures at any time.
Date: May 23, 2023
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT, WAIVER AND RELEASE
NAEYC is committed to creating a safe and healthy environment for all of our attendees, presenters, exhibitors, and staff. However, while vaccinations, negative COVID tests, observance of safety protocols, and exercise of personal discipline may reduce risk, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 does remain in any public place where people are present. Accordingly, you agree to the following:
- I understand that COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. I acknowledge my own desire and choice to travel to and participate in the Event, and I assume responsibility for my own well-being and accept the risk of being exposed to, contracting, and/or spreading COVID-19 in order to attend.
- Specifically, as a condition of NAEYC allowing my participation in this event, I assume all risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense of any kind that I may experience in connection with attending, and I hereby waive, release, covenant not to sue, and hold harmless NAEYC, its affiliates, and their respective employees, agents, contractors, and representatives from any claims, liabilities, actions, damages, costs, or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto.
- I agree to follow all instructions and safety precautions provided by NAEYC, venues, and any governing authorities during my attendance at the event including the Event Safety Guidelines listed above. I understand and agree that my failure to do so may result in my being excluded from the Event without refund, reimbursement, or other remuneration.
- I understand that the Code of Conduct precludes children under the age of 18 from entering the Event space including the exhibit hall and session areas. I assume all risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense of any kind that may arise from allowing any child under the age of 18 in the Event space including the exhibit hall and session areas. I hereby waive, release, covenant not to sue, and hold harmless NAEYC, its affiliates, and their respective employees, agents, contractors, and representatives from any claims, liabilities, actions, damages, costs, or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto.
GENERAL CONSENT AND RELEASE FOR USE OF IMAGE
By agreeing to the General Consent and Release for Use of Image you consent to, NAEYC, or anyone authorized by NAEYC, to record and use, as NAEYC may desire in its sole and absolute discretion, all recording and reproductions or depictions of such exhibitor’s, or attendee’s name, likeness, voice, persona, words, actions, and/or biography, which NAEYC may make, including without limitation the right for NAEYC, or anyone authorized by NAEYC, to use such recordings, reproductions, or depictions in or in connection with any legitimate purposes, including for advertising, publicity, trade, and editorial purposes, at any time in the future in all media now known or hereafter developed, throughout the world.
NAEYC photographers, videographers, and conference staff greatly appreciate your cooperation in this matter.