Join NAEYC's Affiliate Advisory Council
You are here
The Affiliate Advisory Council advises the NAEYC Governing Board and national staff about all issues related to Affiliates and members, and works to ensure that diverse, inclusive leadership pathways are present and accessible throughout the Affiliate Network and NAEYC.
The Council will appoint three new members in 2023 with terms beginning on 6/1/23 and ending 5/31/25.
To apply: Please read the information below about the qualifications, roles, and expectations. Learn more about what the Council does by reading their 2022 Annual Report.
Qualifications to Become a Member of the Affiliate Advisory Council
All council members must:
- Be a member in good-standing as of January 1, 2023
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of NAEYC Affiliates
- Demonstrate a commitment to NAEYC’s Advancing Equity in Early Childhood Education position statement
- Ability to participate in monthly virtual meetings, ad hoc work groups, and up to three in-person meetings
Roles and Expectations
- Work collaboratively with Council members and NAEYC staff
- Ability to listen with the intent to better understand
- Respectful interactions with Council members, NAEYC staff, and affiliate leadership
- Contribute the necessary time to prepare for meetings and a willingness to engage in thoughtful, intentional dialogue reflective of the Council’s culture
- Attend and actively participate in monthly, virtual meetings
- Ability to travel to up to three in-person meetings typically tied to NAEYC’s Annual Conference in November, NAEYC’s Professional Learning Institute in June, and a weekend retreat in D.C. held prior to the NAEYC Public Policy Forum. Travel expenses are provided by NAEYC.
The first step in the application process is to confirm your NAEYC membership and indicate your understanding and willingness to fulfill the roles and expectations listed above.
The online application is provided in English and Spanish. Applications open February 9, 2023. The deadline for applying is March 9, 2023.
- Learn more about the Affiliate Advisory Council
- Read NAEYC's position statement on Advancing Equity in Early Childhood Education / Lea la Declaración de Posición Promover la Equidad en la Educación Infantil
- Read NAEYC's statement of commitment as a high-performing, inclusive organization / Lea la Declaración de compromiso como una organización inclusiva de alto desempeño de NAEYC