You are here
NAEYC’s accreditation system is the standard bearer for high-quality early learning programs.
NAEYC works to:
- Recognize early childhood programs that perform in compliance with the NAEYC Early Learning Program Standards and Criteria, as demonstrated through satisfactory performance of the accreditation criteria and
- Be responsive to its multiple customers
NAEYC establishes and maintains a clearly defined process for pursuing, achieving, and maintaining NAEYC Accreditation. The intent is to ensure that early childhood programs meet NAEYC’s definition of excellence and to increase the system's accountability for the well-being of children, families, and all customers of NAEYC Accreditation.
NAEYC has revised the polices to align with the NAEYC Early Learning Program Accreditation Standards and Assessment Items.
- 72-hour notification policy
- Accreditation decision policy
- Assessor system policy
- Compliance with required assessment item policy
- Decision appeals policy
- Eligibility requirements policy
- Site Visit Disruption
- Feedback policy
- Program review policy
- Scope and Severity Committee policy
- Scope and Severity Decision policy
- Verification of continued program compliance policy