You are here
Important message: Are you hosting a site visit in 2018? Are you prepared for the 2018 transition? Learn more about the 2018 transition
NAEYC’s accreditation system is the standard bearer for high-quality early learning programs.
NAEYC works to:
- Recognize early childhood programs that perform in compliance with the NAEYC Early Learning Program Standards and Criteria, as demonstrated through satisfactory performance of the accreditation criteria and
- Be responsive to its multiple customers
NAEYC establishes and maintains a clearly defined process for pursuing, achieving, and maintaining NAEYC Accreditation. The intent is to ensure that early childhood programs meet NAEYC’s definition of excellence and to increase the system's accountability for the well-being of children, families, and all customers of NAEYC Accreditation.
Current Accreditation Policies
The accreditation policies listed below are valid until June 2018
- 72-hour notification policy
- Accreditation status policy
- Assessor system policy
- Candidacy policy
- Complaint policy
- Compliance with required criteria policy
- Decision appeals policy
- Eligibility policy
- Extenuating circumstances policy
- Program review policy
- Scope and Severity Committee policy
- Scope and Severity Decision policy
- Verification of continued program compliance policy
Updated Accreditation Policies
NAEYC has revised the polices to align with the NAEYC Early Learning Program Accreditation Standards and Assessment Items. The below policies will be effective July 2018.