Engage with Early Childhood Education Globally
No matter where you live, whether you’re a teacher, parent, director, advocate or investor, a seasoned professional or new to the field, your work impacts children around the world.
Join NAEYC, contribute your skills, learn from experts, connect with fellow professionals and together we can provide the highest quality education for young learners!
Ready to learn about how we provide technical assistance to develop standards in other countries, our work at Annual Conference, translations, and more?
Get Involved with Global
- The NAEYC blog aims to increase general awareness and engage the public in thoughtful discussion on themes related to early childhood education around the world. We are seeking out guest writers to develop blogs on timely topics in the field. Read our guidelines and submit your work today!
- Share your stories, classroom tips and photos with NAEYC members through our acclaimed periodicals, Teaching Young Children and Young Children.
Children’s Global Issues Community Interest Forum; Asian Interest Forum; and Latino Interest Forum and more!
- As a NAEYC member benefit, meet educators and professionals from all corners of the globe on our interactive online platform, Hello. Join specific interest forums, introduce yourself on the Open Discussion Forum, be a part of the conversation, ask questions, share your findings, learn from your peers and help bridge a connection between a diverse group of educators!
Attend and Present at Annual Conference
Global Perspectives Track
- This topic track features sessions that highlight international partnerships and ECCE practices, achievements and challenges in other countries. No sign-up is required to attend sessions in any track; register early to save money and join your peers for the largest early childhood conference of the year!
- Deepen your knowledge on a variety of topics. In addition to our English modules, we now offer Online Learning (在线学习) modules in Mandarin Chinese on Developmentally Appropriate Practice (适合儿童发展的实践).
- Expand the capacity of your center with customized, face-to-face trainings for groups. Trainings are available in different languages and on a wide range of topics, delivered in your country. Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and to see our catalog.
Study Trips to the U.S.
- Multiple languages and topics available. Reach out to us at email@example.com for more details.
Build Your Library of Knowledge
- Look no further for a comprehensive - and growing - list of our translated resources in Spanish, Arabic and Chinese, and a selection of our globally-focused blogs and articles.
- Our merchandise, books, periodicals and growing collection of ebooks can be purchased through our Online Store. Members receive discounts on purchases.
- Order NAEYC books internationally through our distributor Eurospan and receive expert content and research-based publications on your doorstep.
Subscribe to Global Updates
- Receive emails related to NAEYC’s Global work and resources. You can also elect to receive emails in Spanish (español) or Chinese (普通话).
Join or Form NAEYC Affiliates
- We have opened our affiliate structure to the world. NAEYC Affiliates are non-profit organizations that dedicate themselves to providing local member engagement opportunities, resources, local conferences, professional development, and advocacy efforts for our shared members. Read affiliate requirements and follow our steps to apply. The application cycle opens from Dec. to Jan. each year.
Become a Member
- Starting with Entry Level membership, you gain access to HELLO. Standard and Premium members receive discounted registration to conferences and forums, discounts on books and modules, subscriptions to TYC and YC and more! Our members come from over 70 countries and territories.
- We seek dual-language volunteers - known as Language Ambassadors - to translate NAEYC's work and ensure that ECE programs and professionals worldwide have access to relevant resources, content and expertise. Apply today and help make NAEYC’s content more accessible and inclusive!
Support High-Quality Early Learning
While at this time NAEYC doesn’t offer accreditation outside of the U.S., we can work with a country’s Ministry of Education and wide-spread systems to provide technical assistance to support high-quality learning. To connect us with your country’s Ministry of Education, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Support to create a comprehensive framework for early learning.
- Alignment of existing standards and metrics with international and country-specific documents to identify intersections and gaps.
- Development of standards in collaboration with country partners.
- Capacity building at the national and local levels that nurtures leadership development in early childhood professionals.